Marcie's 40th: Afternoon in Coyoacán
Walk the historic streets and beautiful plazas of Coyoacán while experiencing the culinary delights of Mexico City and the art of Frida Kahlo, Mexico's most iconic artist. Along with a visit to the the Frida Kahlo Museum, you'll have the opportunity to taste traditional Mexican market food and selections from local restaurants, learn about how chocolate is produced, sip on mezcal and end your day munching on a churro. This afternoon tour of Coyoacán happens rain-or-shine. Space is limited and is available on first-come-first-serve basis.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.
Approximately 6hours in total
• 11:00AM Hour and half of free time to explore the Frida Kahlo Museum
• 12:30PM Meet outside directly across the street from the Frida Kahlo Museum entrance and we will walk to the food market.
• 1:00PM Food market tour with food tastings
• 2:15PM Chocolate Tasting
• 2:45PM Free-time Walk Through Plaza
• 3:30PM Mezcal Tasting
• 4:45PM Churros
• 5:00PM Return to Hotels
• Entrance fee to Frida Kahlo Museum. *Photo Pass NOT included - See below.
• Neighborhood Food Guide for the Afternoon
• Pre-planned tastings for market food, chocolate and mezcal
• Tips for our vendors are included
WHAT'S NOT INCLUDED:
• Frida Kahlo PHOTO PASS NOT included. You may purchase for 30 Pesos at the bag check room to avoid the line. Bring exact change to expedite the process.
• If you would like more to eat aside from the pre-planned tastings, you may purchase additional food to eat or to take home.
• Transportation to and from Coyoacán. Depending on the count of the final group, this may be arranged in advance.
• If you'd like to thank your guide with a tip, you may do so at the end of the day.
• Approximately 2.5 km (1.5 miles)
WHAT TO BRING/WEAR:
• Bring an appetite. Enjoy a moderate breakfast in the morning so you have energy for the museum, but still have an appetite to get the most out of the tastings.
• Wear comfortable walking shoes. We will be walking and standing a lot.
• The weather in Mexico City can be unpredictable. Please check the local forecast and plan to bring an umbrella, sweater, jacket, sunscreen or hat to protect you from the elements.
• Spending money in case you would like to purchase extra food or handcrafted souvenirs.
PAYMENT AND RESERVATIONS:
This experience costs $85 USD per person. Please follow the steps below:
1. Make your payment and include your full name, email and "Marcie's 40th" in the memo.
2. After you have made your payment, please fill out the reservation form below.